Seeds-to-Success Endowment Fund Scholarship
About the Seeds-to-Success Endowment Scholarship
The HPHA and the Executive Roundtable Committee are passionate about the success of every child within our programs and wants to plant as many seeds as possible that will eliminate barriers and foster a successful future for our youth. The Seeds-to- Success Initiative was established to improve the academic success of our youth.
The HPHA’s Executive Roundtable Committee, comprised of Resident Council officers, established the Seeds-to-Success Endowment to build community investment by empowering lives and building foundations. This group of program participants wants to do more to assist the next generation by helping to fund a college scholarship endowment fund to provide college tuition assistance through a competitive process to our high school graduates pursuing a higher education.
One of the ways to meet this goal is to provide program participants with an opportunity to apply for a one (1) time $500.00 need-based Seeds-to-Success Endowment Fund Scholarship to offset the cost of continuing education.
To see past Seeds-to-Success Endowment Fund Scholarship, click here.
The Seeds-to-Success Endowment Fund Scholarship nominees should meet the following criteria:
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be senior high school student or college student and current HPHA program participant. A copy of college acceptance letter must be attached or written notice if not yet received and then forward upon receipt;
- Is/will be enrolled in the fall for the 2020-21 academic year in an accredited and/or licensed trade school or accredited two- or four-year college or university in the United States;
- Must have a 3.5 GPA or higher (HPHA may accept a 3.0 GPA if no 3.5 GPA applications are received);
- Must not have been a past recipient of a Rising Star Award;
- Must provide documentation of most recent transcript, proof of extra-curricular activities, and proof of community service involvement;
Must provide a written response to the following essay question in 250 words or less:
- What is your definition of success?
- Must consent to be interviewed by the selection committee if additional information is required; and
- Must consent to attend the induction ceremony.
NOTE: Current HPHA employees and/or Commissioners and their immediate family members are ineligible for consideration.
All nominations must follow the listed criteria and contain the requested information:
- Nominees may nominate themselves or be nominated.
- There is no nomination fee.
Please submit required criteria in the following order:
- All nominations must be submitted in a three-ring binder or notebook with a clear plastic cover on the front.
- The Seeds-to-Success Endowment Fund Scholarship nomination form should be first in the notebook followed by the eligibility documentation.
- Sections should be divided by tabs.
- Include any certificates, awards, and/or additional materials about the applicant.
- Front outside plastic cover should contain a sheet of paper with the applicant’s name and a 5" x 7" or 8" x 10" professional photograph of the applicant. (include a disc with a digital picture in high resolution, minimum 150dpi - 300 dpi, to be used for publication, if selected.)