How To Apply For HCV Program
Families wishing to apply will be required to complete an application to be placed on the waiting list. We only accept applications on Wednesday’s, beginning at 9:00a.m.until 4:00 p.m. For applicants that are elderly and/or disabled, we will accept any day during those hours listed above.
A family may only apply when the waiting list is open to receive new applications. Opening of the waiting list will be announced via public notice that applications for the HCV program will be accepted and will state where, when and how to apply. The public notice will state any limitations to who may apply. The completed application will be dated and time stamped upon its return to HPHA. The final determination of eligibility takes place when the family nears the top of the waiting list. At that time, HPHA ensures that verification of all preferences, eligibility, suitability selection factors are current in order to determine the family’s eligibility for admission into the HCV program.
The following documents are required at the time of application:
- Bank statements
- Birth certificates (for all family members)
- Social security cards (for all family members)
- Picture identification (for members 18 and older)
- Proof of income received by all household members (such as wages, child support, social security, unemployment, pension, etc.)
- Verification of veteran status (DD214) if applicable